Monday, April 4, 2011

Job Interview Q/A

This was the assignment that I missed from being in Bolivia.  To make up for missing the mock interview, you asked me to answer 9 interview questions instead of 3 and said I do not need to do the "Evaluating your mock interview" blog post.


Event Planner


1. Tell me about yourself:

I’m out going, definitely a people person and am self motivated.  I like being involved in extracurricular activities and I have been as long as I can remember including team activities like orchestra and soccer. I've continued my soccer career at Northwest University and am majoring in Organizational Communication with a Psychology Minor.



2. What do you take pride in?
I take pride in the fact that I was co-valedictorian of my graduation class.  Growing up I, like many others, was taught to "never give anything less than your best." Many people are given this advice and each person follows it to his or her own degree.  Ever since I was a little girl, I have taken this advice to heart. It was not easy, to say the least, juggling school, soccer, track, youth group, bible study, national honor society, work, and camerata & symphony orchestras, let alone trying to find time to socialize. Being able to keep my grades essentially what you could call perfect through all the ups and downs of life for 4 years (7 if you count middle school) is hard and fast evidence that displays my ability to prioritize, commit, organize, and be involved with at multiple things without sacrificing quality.


3. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
I’ve been told I occasionally focus on details and miss the bigger picture, so I’ve been working on remembering what the ultimate goal is and making sure any action I take is benefiting the big picture.

I would say my greatest strength is my high and positive work ethic. I am committed to excel at whatever it is I am doing and commit to it until the job is complete in the best possible way.



4. When you are faced with a difficult decision, how do you go about making it? 
I weigh the pros and cons of the options and use that to determine which option would be the most beneficial in the long run. I realize that sometimes the best decision isn't always the easiest one, but progress involves risks; You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.


5. Can you perform well under pressure? 
I would say that I thrive under pressure. 


6. How do you know this?
Because I’ve been involved with multiple activities my whole life I’ve learned how to effectively multitask, prioritize, and manage time.

7. Do you prefer to work by yourself or with others?
I prefer to work with others because I'm a people person and believe great ideas are created through interactions with one another.


8. If your previous co-workers were here, what would they say about you?
They would say I am a reliable, outgoing person with an excellent work ethic and that I am a creative problem-solver.



9. Do you have any questions for me?
Can I contact you about following up with the job?  Are there any benefits? What is the compensation?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you'd do a really good job if interviewing for a job. Although you'd want to elaborate on your answers so there is a little more bulk.

    ReplyDelete